The first planning meeting for the 6th annual Middle of the Mitten local music festival is
Tuesday, Jan. 7 in 214 Bessey Hall (MSU) at 7pm, and you should join us.
Here’s a list of all the reasons that’s a great idea:
- You’ll get to be involved in something recognized and awesome.
- You’ll have the opportunity to learn, practice, or hone your professional skills outside the classroom.
- You’ll work with a wide range of people, including fellow MSU students, faculty, staff and alumni, business owners, communications professionals, media contacts, managers, musicians, community members, and on and on.
And here’s a sample of the projects we’ll be tackling:
- Creating and implementing a graphics and branding strategy for social media, web, print, and written materials.
- Designing and building a band application, Wordpress website, and other marketing communications.
- Finding and vetting 100+ bands and choosing a festival lineup.
- Requesting, scheduling, coordinating, and participating in appearances on radio stations across lower Michigan, usually featuring live performances by festival bands.
Click the link for more information about the festival and how to get involved, or email email@example.com (or send an Ask) if you have questions!
MSU has called its second consecutive snow/cold day, which means you should all stay inside and keep warm! Weekly meetings will begin/resume Tuesday, Jan. 14 in 214 Bessey Hall, please email or send an Ask if you have questions, need directions, etc. Thank you!